Health care is increasingly becoming a part of the visual landscape. Long gone are the days of a cold bare walled doctor’s office, clinic, or hospital.
Designing for health isn't just a hospital concern any longer, it's universal. We are now recognizing that designing for health permeates every design decision, from the selection of materials to the arrangement of space to the comforting feel of the clinic—all of these decisions impact human health.
There is evidence that art-based interventions are effective in reducing adverse physiological and psychological outcomes, the extent to which these interventions enhance health status is largely unknown. Our hope is to establish an engagement with the arts and health.
We focused on creative and expressive arts that are conducive to the field of medicine. Visually stimulating patients creates a positive environment for treatment. Including art in healthcare settings improves the environment for patients and healthcare staff. Creating and viewing art offers individuals opportunities for social interaction, and connections with physicians are important in a strong practice.
Art Dallas has hand-selected artwork specifically for clinics, hospitals and dental offices. Choose artwork on canvas and framed paper, or try a unique material like Birchwood, aluminum or acrylic.
The goal of any art selection for health care has several components:
· help to create a healing, supportive, enriching environment
· relieve stress brought on by the setting
· reflect and enhance the image/brand of the facility
· creative a positive work environment for staff
· create distractions for patients to get their mind off procedures
· de-institutionalize the environment
· show sensitivity to a culturally or ethnically diverse population
Art Dallas Themes
3. Cool and warm tones
6. Black and white
8. Acrylic work